What is it? Why should I use it? How do I get started?
MBC CONNECT (powered by Church Community Builder) is a web-based tool to help our church stay informed, help us to grow, help us to serve, and keep us connected to each other.
Communicating and connecting with people, both inside and outside the church, can be a challenge for churches. Here at Maranatha, we never want to see a person fall through the cracks. MBC CONNECT brings the tools we need to communicate with people, connect us to each other and the church, and help us grow spiritually.
MBC Connect is hosted in Church Community Builder's secure online platform. You are able to control exactly who is able to see your information and all data stored in the platform is encrypted. We have reviewed their security policies and procedures and feel confident that they have taken appropriate steps to protect our membership data.
Over the next few months, we will be implementing different aspects of this software step by step. For the first step, we would like you to help us by taking time to login and update your profile and your family's profile. You will find steps below to guide you through that process. If you have problems or questions, email Pastor David (firstname.lastname@example.org). Thank you for helping Maranatha build relationships that build saints!
Benefits of using MBC CONNECT:
· All volunteer scheduling will run through it. It will keep you from being double booked and you will be able to easily schedule a vacation - request a sub - swap with someone - or ask for help finding a replacement.
· If you have kids, you will be able to use it for the new Kid-Check process.
· You will be able to use it to easily register for classes, events, retreats, small groups, and serving opportunities.
· It will help the leaders in the church to more effectively care for and equip the church body.
· It will enable the church to do a better job of helping church guests become church family members
...and so so much more!
Let’s Get Started!
(If it is easier, you can view or download these directions at this link: go.mbccolumbus.org/MBCCONNECTSETUP)
Step 1: Visit mbccolumbus.ccbchurch.com
Step 2: Click “Request Account”
Step 3: Fill out the needed information
Step 4: Check your email to set up your login information. An email will be sent with a link to activate your login shortly. NOTE: You may need to check your spam folder and whitelist this email address: email@example.com.
* If for some reason you do not get an email with an activation link, email Pastor David and ask about it. (If the email that we have in CCB for you is different than the one you use to sign-up, it could take a day or two to get the email notification - since it has to be manually approved.)
Step 5: Open the email and click Activate this profile
Step 6: After you click Activate this profile it will allow you to enter your username and password.
Step 7: It will return you to the login screen. You can now log in.
Step 8: After you log in click on your profile picture or initials in the upper right corner.
Step 9: Click Edit profile
Step 10: Update ALL of your profile information and add a picture of yourself
* Be sure to add your cell phone provider (Verizon, AT&T, etc.) in order to receive text messages for volunteer and other scheduling needs.
NOTE: Many of you will need to update your year of birth, as we had to default to a random year in order to get the schedules set up.
* Want to share your spiritual journey with the pastors? Use the ‘Commitment Story’ or ‘Current Story’ to tell us a bit more about yourself.
Updating your profile will allow you to share your skills, abilities, and spiritual gifts with ministry leaders and others in the church.
Step 11: Be sure to click Save at the bottom right corner.
Step 12: Click Actions and update your communication preferences, privacy settings, and fill out your My Fit information if you know it.
Step 13: Update your other family members next. You can do that by clicking their little circles under your name on your main profile page.
Step 14: Look around. Check out your groups. You can see your giving information - however, it may not have been updated past July. We are still working on the financial transition.
If you have any questions / problems / concerns, please feel free to contact Pastor David (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Thank you for helping Maranatha build relationships that build saints!